Genuine Nordic Vodka

Genuine Nordic Vodka

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

MEET ASANTERABI MALIMA,A TANZANIAN RESEARCHER WHO!S DOING WONDERS AND HIS WORK IS GOING TO MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE BY SAVING LIVES.YOU MAKE ME SO PROUD!!!



Malima was born in Dar es Salaam. He was educated at Azania Secondary and Aga Khan High schools.He is the son of former Tanzanian Finance Minister Kighoma Malima and the brother of the incumbent Deputy Finance MinisterAdam Malima.

I earned my Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at Northeastern University. I worked under the supervision of Prof. Ahmed Busnaina. I have studied about device designing, semiconductor fabrication of devices, micro and macro-assembly of components and also worked on testing of devices for medical, optical, and storage applications for more than 5years. I have experience in designing using softwares such as Coventorware AutoCAD, and CAD Solidworks. In fabrication, I have expertise using operating tools such as PVD (DC-RF Sputtering), ICP (Inductively Coupled Plasma), Contact Aligner for Photolithography, Nano Imprint Lithography and analysis tools such as: SEM (Scanning Electron Microscope), Optical Fluorescence Microscope, and AFM (Atomic Force Microscope). I built a custom-made microassembly workstation for precise manipulation of micron-scale object. This microassembly station operates using a programmed Labview graphical software.


I co-founded Biolom, and I also serve as CEO for this spin-off company. Biolom is developing diagnostics devices for early detection and monitoring of various diseases. In Fall 2012, I participated in the National Science Foundation (NSF) Innovation-Corps. I represented Biolom as the NSF Entrepreneurial Lead. In this program, I was required to reach out to in-vitro diagnostics companies, reference labs, and clinicians (medical oncologists, gastroenterologists, and radiation oncologists). The NSF I-Corps has sharpened my knowledge and understanding of the needs in in-vitro diagnostics, and practical challenges of the physicians in diagnosis and treatment of diseases including cancer and heart disease. In 2011, I also led a team that was selected by Center for Integration of Medicine and Innovative Technology (CIMIT) as top 10 in the nation.

source:asantemalima.com,wikipedia

No comments: